MJC provides comprehensive and highly specialized services for exceptional children
Specialized services are provided to eligible students placed in MJC programs in their many locations. A continuum of services from monitoring specific skills to direct intervention are provided based on students' needs as determined by the specialist and IEP team. Consultation services may also be provided to assist staff and/or families.
- Academic Interventions is a strategy used to teach a new skill, build fluency in a skill, or encourage a child to apply an existing skill to new situations or settings
- Behavioral/Instructional Coaches has two staff members that provide teaching staff support in the areas of behavior and instruction.
- Chicago Area Alternative Education League (CAAEL) is an excellent resource for at risk students to participate and compete in different sporting and non sporting events with other alternate schools.
- ELL staff work with the home school’s ELL staff to integrate ELL supports into our program. Staff utilize a translator service to ensure communication with parents and guardians.
- Health/Nursing Services are delivered by a certified school nurse and are provided for all students in MJC programs.
- Occupational Therapist, Jennie Stellato does an outstanding job working collaboratively with our teams to support students with fine/gross motor skills and sensory needs.
- Social Workers at MJC have the support of 2 full-time staff members.
- Speech/Language Therapy is provided by Jodi Sell to our MJC students who have Speech/Language minutes on their Individualized Educational Program (IEP)
St. Charles Community Unit School District 303